Many will remember a famous TV ad where a woman is running her washing shingle machine, hand in hand to soften the fabric, just to finish washing. The woman who “forgot to announce the fabric softender” was actually doing a favor for herself and her family.
Although they make your clothes feel soft and smell fresh, there are some toxic products around fabric softenders and dryer sheets. And the chances are amazing.899..8 percent of Americans who use common commercial detergents, fabric detergents, bleach and stain use slogans will think twice if they knew they contain chemicals that can cause cancer and brain damage.
Here is a list of some chemicals found in fabric fasteners and dryer sheets:
* Benzyl acetate: linked to pancreatic cancer
* Benzyl alcohol: Inflammation of the upper respiratory tract
* Ethanol: on the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) list of hazardous wastes and can cause central nervous system disorders.
* Limonin: Known carcinogen
* A-Terpenol: Can cause respiratory problems, including fatal edema and damage to the central nervous system
* Ethyl Acetate: A drug on EPA’s list of hazardous wastes
* Kapoor: Causes central nervous system disorder
* Chloroform: neurotoxic, anesthetic and carcinogenic
* Linalol: A drug that causes central nervous system disorders
* Pantine: It is considered to be harmful if inhaled
So how can products with beautiful names like Soft Ocean Mist, Summer Orchard and April Fresh be so dangerous?
The chemicals in fabric satiners are pungent and have a strong odor – so strong that they should only use this heavy scent to cover the odor (50 times the odor). In addition, synthetic fabrics, which are made in the first place for the purpose of softening the fabric, either do not smell when heated in a dryer or when heated by our body … so more fragrance is needed.
In other words, remove all added fragrances that people prefer to soften the fabric and – like the wolf deprived in sheepskin clothing – the real smell of chemically laced fabric softeners and the synthetic fabrics they are designed around will tell people to shoot. Their laundry machines and are done with it.
Are “soft” clothes worth it?
Fabrics for fitters are made to last longer in your clothes. As such, chemicals are slowly released into the air on your skin for you to breathe in or absorb. Dryer sheets are especially useless because they are heated in a dryer and chemicals are released through the dryer vents and into the environment. The health effects of exposure to chemicals in fabric saturators include:
* Central nervous system disorder
* Reduce blood pressure
* Inflammation of the skin, mucous membranes and respiratory tract
* Pancreatic cancer
Safely soften your clothes with these tips
Even if you don’t feel the effects of these chemicals today, they can slowly affect you over time, and children whose systems are still developing are at particular risk. There is really no reason to expose yourself to these hazardous chemicals when natural alternatives exist. It is not only safer for you, your family and the environment, but also more economical:
Add a quarter cup of baking soda to wash the wheel to soften the fabric
* Add white vinegar to a quarter cup to soften the fabric and remove stickiness
* Check your local health food store for natural fabric softeners that use natural bases like soy instead of chemicals
It is possible that fabric tenants and dryer sheets are not the only toxic products in your home. Many consumer products that consumers consider safe also contain toxic chemicals. Our previous articles on phenols in PEG compounds in cosmetics and common household cleaners are the most popular articles of all time on sixwise.com and will make you more aware of the prevalence of harmful chemicals that can be removed from your home.